RISE EVENTS CODE OF CONDUCT
When you attend or participate in a conference, workshop, social function, or other event organized and presented by The Hollis Company, LLC or one of its affiliates or subsidiaries (“Event(s)”), you are joining a community of people who are asked to encourage, push, and lift each other up, despite their individual differences. We ask you to celebrate and respect one another for those differences because each person brings something valuable to the community, and we are stronger for it! We believe that in doing this, we will each become a better version of ourselves and be more empathetic towards one another. Accordingly, it is important that you please read and comply with the terms and policies set forth in this Code of Conduct.
When you attend an Event, you should:
● Create positive and meaningful relationships with other Event attendees and participants.
● Get inspired, supported, and enveloped in a community.
● Reconnect with your dreams and set new goals.
You shall NOT engage in any of the following activities in relation to any Events:
● Advertise, promote, solicit, or sell any products, services, causes, activities, or events (1) at the Event, (2) on any of the Event’s websites or social media pages, (3) on any websites or social media pages of The Hollis Company, LLC, its affiliates, or its subsidiaries, or (4) in any manner that may give the impression that those products, services, causes, activities, or events are affiliated, connected, or associated with or sponsored, approved, or endorsed by The Hollis Company, LLC, its affiliates, or its subsidiaries.
● Infringe, disparage, or otherwise violate any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity, including The Hollis Company, its affiliates, or its subsidiaries, or other Event attendees or participants.
● Disrespect the boundaries of another person.
● Invade the privacy of another person.
● Exhibit behavior that The Hollis Company, LLC or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries believes is disruptive, violent, threatening, abusive, indecent, obscene, a nuisance, or illegal.
● Exhibit behavior that discriminates against or disparages any individual, group, or class of people based on race, nationality, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
● Engage in sexual harassment of any kind, including unwelcome sexual attention or discussions, and inappropriate physical contact.
● Engage in illicit drug use or the excessive drinking of alcoholic beverages.
● Engage in any other conduct that The Hollis Company, LLC or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries believes may (1) restrict or inhibit another person’s enjoyment of the Event; (2) pose a safety risk to or violate the legal rights of The Hollis Company, LLC, its affiliates, or its subsidiaries; or (3) pose a safety risk to or violate the legal rights of any Event attendee or participant.
Non-Sanctioned Events and Activities
We often receive requests from Event attendees and participants and others to approve, sponsor, endorse, or sanction their own events or activities. While we appreciate the enthusiasm and support, it is the policy of The Hollis Company, its affiliates, and its subsidiaries to deny those requests for reasons ranging from the protection of intellectual property rights, to avoiding confusion, to concerns about safety and liability outside of our control.
Accordingly, the use of any name, trademark, or logo of The Hollis Company or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or any confusingly similar variations thereof, in relation to the advertising, promotion, organization, operation, production, or conducting of any events or activities which are not approved or sanctioned by The Hollis Company or one of its affiliates or subsidiaries, respectively and as applicable, is strictly prohibited.
If you violate this Code of Conduct with respect to any particular Event, then the organizer of that Event (i.e., The Hollis Company, LLC or one of its affiliates or subsidiaries, respectively) has the right, but not the obligation, to take any action it believes is appropriate to address the violation and to help avoid or deter future violations; and to inform the organizer(s) of any other Events about your violation; and the organizer(s) of those other Events shall have the right, but not the obligation, to take any additional action it believes is appropriate to address your violation and to help avoid or deter future violations. This may include, without limitation, barring you from attending or ejecting you from that Event or any other Event(s) without refund.
Please direct any questions you have about this Code of Conduct to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Code of Conduct Question”.
We reserve the right to modify this Code of Conduct from time-to-time. This Code of Conduct was last modified on January 28, 2020